Last Thanksgiving I was in the mood to shake things up a bit, so I started looking at Pinterest for ideas. I came across this recipe from Heather Christo and KNEW I was in the right place. These bars are so. stinkin’. good. And you don’t have to be heading to Thanksgiving dinner to make them 🙂
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, cold and cut into small pieces
1 1/2 cups pecans
10 ounces chocolate chips
8 Tbsp. butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1) Preheat the oven to 350*F. Prepare a 9″x9″ baking dish with nonstick spray.
2) In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and salt. Add the butter and run the processor until the dough comes together – it’ll be like a shortbread dough.
3) Pack the dough into the prepared baking dish.
4) Sprinkle the pecans over the top of the crust, then follow with the chocolate chips.
5) In a medium saucepan, melt together the butter, sugar, cream, vanilla, and salt over medium heat, whisking until smooth.
6) Pour the caramel over the top of the pecans.
7) Bake the bars for 25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.